Rivers LPC works towards empowering women to take up new challenges in life. The charity supports women who are socially excluded, not able to find assistance from other organisations or need help without the involvement of formal authorities.
The Rivers Support Award aims to empower women, so that they can become stronger.
The aim of the Rivers Support Award is to:
– Break down barriers so women from different background will get together
– Identify women who need further life enhancing skills to make a difference
– Create role models in some of the diverse and isolated communities
– Support the opportunities with training, development and growth for less
– Develop professional skills in the process of volunteering
– Offer the chance to share knowledge and experience and gain satisfaction from
encouraging, supporting and guiding other women to achieve their goals.
All this is achieved by providing training and learning which will support women to develop personally.
The training/modules include:
– Equality and Diversity
– First Aid
– Communication skills
– Computer training
– Leadership courses
– Customer service
– Emergency First Aid at Work
– Opportunity to volunteer
– Opportunity to have work experience with different employers in Crawley
Training will be provided free of charge.